Physical Therapy Exercise 101
- Core Exercises
- Correct Way to Go Standing to the Floor For Exercise
- Facilitate Extension Upper Thoracic Spine
- Foot and Ankle (Video)
- Functional Lower Extremity Exercises
- Gluteal Activation Exercises
- Hand and Wrist Stretching
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome
- Lower Extremity Workout
- Neck Stretching
- Nerve Glides
- Scapular Exercise and Rotator Cuff Exercise
- Shoulder Stretching
- Soft Tissue and Joint Mobilization Techniques
- Spine Stretching
- Stretching Exercises
Want to know more about Physical Therapy?
Bob Baker, PT would be glad to find appropriate reading for your problem. If you would like specific read recommendations please email here. Here are our recommended readings and links.
Our favorite patient resource is www.medlineplus.com. This website screens the material for evidence based medicine. You will find direction to medical guidelines such as The Mayo Clinic. Also, you can secure background information on physician diagnoses and drug actions.
Google is a good resource but lacks some of the screening of Medline plus. Google www.google.com works by connector words such as “AND” “OR”, so try to focus your search with connectors. Keep in mind that the information may vary in quality more so than www.medlineplus.com.
- http://www.ncmedical.com – Ask for Tammy Parker. Good source of sport cords, tapes, lotions, wrist braces, exercise balls, TENS electrodes. SI belts are available.
- http://www.performbetter.com – Sports training equipment including sports cords, weights, ankle bands, exercise balls, and foam rollers. Also, this website is good for coaches that need field training equipment like cones, ladders and hurdles. This firm sells dyna disks for ankle balance.
- http://www.optp.com – Another source of high quality exercise balls and foam rollers. Has a great wooden balance board that is not too difficult. You will find McKenzie lumbar and cervical pillows, posture supports, and educational books.
- http://www.medlineplus.com – Consumer evidenced based medicine
- http://www.pubmed.com – Clinician research for evidenced based medicine
- http://www.cebm.net – Center for evidenced based medicine
- http://www.hookedonevidence.org – Center for evidence based physiotherapy
- http://www.pedro.org.au – American Physical Therapy Association
- http://www.mclibrary.duke.edu/training – Duke Medical Center Library
- https://www.grayinstitute.com – Training by Gary Gray, PT
- http://www.nismat.org – Nicholas Institute of Sports Medicine
- http://www.mytpi.com – Titleist Golf Training Institute
- http://www.folsomphysicaltherapy.com – Yearlong Norwegian Manual Therapy
- http://www.movementlinks.com – Movement science training Clare Frank, DPT, OCS
- http://www.instituteofphysicalart.com – Functional Orthopedic Courses
- https://www.alpineptmissoula.com/us/professional-growth – Sandy Burkart, PhD, PT
- http://www.ozpt.com – Roland Lucas, PT, FAAOMPT Australian Manual Therapy