What to Bring to Your Appointment
The first appointment will need a driver’s license or similar photo identification, insurance card (if insurance used), Medicare Card (if Medicare), and new patient forms including patient registration, patient information, and HIPAA regulations. We have surveys that are required for compliance to various insurance networks. For lower extremity injuries, please bring a pair of shorts so our therapist can easily access the target area. Our receptionist will assist you in completion of these forms.
Emeryville Sports Physical Therapy is a part of a preferred provider organization called Physical Therapy Provider Network (PTPN). This is an asset to clients because this group manages application to most commercial insurance firms, and manages relationships with workers compensation networks.
For specific information please email our office at email@example.com or call 510-653-5151
- 1. Anthem/Blue Cross PPO – in network
- 2. Blue Shield PPO – In network
- 3. AETNA PPO – In network
- 4. Most HMOS – not in network
- CIGNA PPO – out of network – CIGNA has hired a managed care group to manage their utilization. This group is called American Specialty health. Our opinion is that to be in network would affect highest quality services. Please call or email to better understand your out of network benefits and financial options.
- United PPO – out of network – United Health Care is highly managed. So the in network rates and process are not consistent with highest quality services. Please call to better understand your out of network benefits and payment options.
- Self-Pay Clients – Emeryville Sports Physical Therapy maintains very reasonable self-pay rates. We have a large client base that self pays, given limited services available through HMOs. Please contact us to better understand your options. Reception@emeryvillept.com